11 December 2010

A Year Ago Today...

I graduated from my dream college
after four amazing years
in and out of beautiful St. Augustine, FL

Flagler College was my Harvard
and I loved every minute of it.
I can't believe it's already been a year...
a year since I've been a student
a year since I've gone to classes
a year since I've written a paper.

And now I'm going after another
dream,
living abroad.
 I encourage you all to go after your dreams,
even if they're hard, even if you fail,
even if you don't think they're possible,
even if you struggle. They are worth it.

How can we as followers of Jesus make a difference
in this world if we are not happy or pursuing our dreams?
How will people understand the true nature of God
if they do not sense our own passions for living?

Follow God's will by living out your dreams
and reach people with your testimony of it.
I must admit, I am sad today, thinking of past times.
Truly, the only negative of living a dream-filled life.
But sadness is natural, and a positive part of moving forward,
for my memories will always remain deep within my soul.

love&laughs,
the flagler alumna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...