07 December 2010

The Nutcracker

Every Christmas my mom and I go to see the ballet, The Nutcracker. I remember first seeing it when I was just a young girl in a quaint little theater by the sea. It has had a lasting impression on me. So much so, that I love anything that has to do with The Nutcracker. The story itself is enchanting and the little toy soldier is much more dashing than Prince Charming. I mean, he fights off evil mice in front of a giagantic Christmas tree with Father Time watching from above. Then he dances with Clara.
How romantic!
This year we'll be in Prague watching the ballet at Narodni Divadlo, or the National Theatre for those English readers. I am so excited for a fun evening out with my mommy! Hopefully it will snow and we can wear pretty dresses and have dessert across the street at Cafe Slavia, a famous old-world coffeehouse. It's just along the Vltava with a spectacular view of Prague Castle.

The National Theatre

Love&Laughs,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...