02 April 2012

Liva and Latvia::Upcoming Easter trip::







I have some exciting news!
I am going to Lativa for five days! I leave on Wednesday.
I can't wait to have some of my own photos of Riga, the capital city of Latvia.
(the top photo I found here)

I'm going to stay with my old roomie, the crazy girl above with food dripping from her face. ;)
I miss her so much and we have had so many fun memories together, like the food fight in the forest
for her birthday celebration or the pillow fight we had in public near the river or the time our flat was robbed and we got upset together (but prayed in our aggravation).

I'm also going to get to meet up with a fellow traveler and couch surfer whom I met in Sicily last May.
It'll be a nice little reunion in many ways.

On top of all this excitement, I am going on a solo day-trip to Lithuania.
The country where my grandfather's family came from.
At the turn of the 20th century.
A place so different from Florida, where my immediate roots come from.

I am looking forward to some soul searching the week before Easter.
Some time to journal and reflect as I wander a country that is not my own,
but brought me here, all the same.

Love&Laughs,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...