21 May 2012

Changes

It's May.
Spring is here. In full bloom.
Summer winds slowly blow through the city,
making yet another seasonal change inevitable.

And with it, I have some changes of my own.
Are you ready?

I'M MOVING TO ITALY!

I will be teaching at summer camps here.
Then going home to visit family here for a bit.
Then joining YWAM Milan here in the fall.
And after that.....
I'm crossing my fingers for a direction to go in or a job offer in Italy.


I have a little less than a month left in this great city.
A city I have always loved, a population I'm growing fond of.
My decision to move and leave behind my teaching job
and all of my wonderful (and sometimes slightly annoying) students
was more difficult than getting on that plane two years ago.

Yet, as each day passes I am beginning to get into an
Italian state-of-mind.

I am so, so excited for this new chapter in my life.
A little apprehensive. A little nervous.
I've got chaos roaming around in my brain.

But I'm believing that Jesus has got my back.
Leading and following me. And with me now.
In this chaotic springtime madness.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." 
{Proverbs 3:5-6}


I love that nothing ever stays the same.
But it also breaks my heart.
Change is inevitable.
Everyone can change.
And everything does change.
Change is what I hope for.
Changed people. Changed cities. Changed countries.
Changed lives &
a changed world.

Arrivederci da Italia! A presto!
H

*Photos found here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...